*** PLEASE NOTE that at this time, we currently do not have an opening for the Receptionist position. We've hired for this position in the past and we are a quickly growing company, so if the opportunity is of interest to you we welcome you to apply. If and when the position becomes available in the future, you'll be on the top of our list to contact! If you have any questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. ***
If you love the adrenaline of working in a fast-paced, constantly changing and high-rewards work environment, then Red Velvet Events (RVE) is the place to be. The Receptionist will be responsible for a wide variety of support functions for the office, and will report directly to the Director of Operations. Please read on for the key job responsibilities and requirements.
- Position is based in Austin, Texas and will report to the Director of Operations
- Maintain a positive and energetic presence at our front desk
- Greet clients and guests of RVE with a smile
- Handle incoming inquiries via phone, email & general correspondence
- Accept high volume of deliveries of event-related materials and assist in maintaining organization in staging area
- Maintain inventory and procure (when needed) kitchen/office supplies & office equipment
- Manage tasks related to facilities management, such as contacting/greeting service providers and vendors
- Assist with administrative duties for the Operations, Business Development, and Professional Services teams
- Positive & professional demeanor at all times
- Minimum Office Hours Required – Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Candidate with 1-2 years of prior experience as a receptionist or in a customer service role is preferred
- Comfortable with e-mail, phone and in-person communication
- Experience handling multi-line VOIP telephone systems (including transferring calls, voice mail, etc.) considered a plus
- Technical Skills: must have extensive experience in MS Office Suite (especially Excel), Google Drive and DropBox; knowledge of Salesforce, Harvest and Slack considered a plus
- Highly organized with an orderly nature and strong attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions based on critical thinking, problem solving, process knowledge, research, surveys, and trend analysis
- Ability to work with little supervision and in a fast-paced environment
- Interested in working in a start-up type environment
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekend
If you've made it this far and are still interested, please submit your application and tell us what makes you ROCK as a Receptionist! No phone calls please. We will respond to candidates who have qualified for the first round of interviews.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to confirm or be interpreted as a comprehensive summary of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Red Velvet Events is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Red Velvet Events, Inc.
Red Velvet Events, a Global DMC Partner (RVE) is a full-service creative events agency calling Austin, Texas home since 2002. RVE helps corporations create international award-winning event experiences of all sizes. Our team's strength is in listening to our client's goals and translating that to an incredible interactive & creative event experience - fun for the planners and memorable for the attendees.
RVE TEAM MEMBER CRITERIA
When we are looking to expand our team, we are always looking for folks that are wired in many of the same ways we are. If you thrive on juggling a handful of deadlines each day and pride yourself on doing it with a smile on your face, you may be the next perfect team member for Red Velvet Events! Please keep in mind that extreme organization and client-facing skills are a must, but being very comfortable online and well versed in Microsoft Office (we practically live in Excel) is a requirement too. We strongly encourage all of our candidates to have prior hotel, DMC, and/or meeting planning industry experience before applying to join our team.
In addition to a great opportunity to work for one of the Best Places to Work (declared in 2013 by Austin Business Journal, 2015 by M&C Magazine and 2018 by Austin Business Journal), all full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Competitive health plan, with premiums for employee covered and premiums for family members subsidized by RVE
- Monthly HSA Contribution
- Complimentary financial/retirement planning assistance
- 401(k) Plan with Matching Contribution
- Paid Membership to Industry Associations and Monthly Meetings
- Monthly Cell Phone, Fuel and Laptop Stipends
- Annual Education Stipend
- Flexible Vacation Policy and Paid Holidays
- Bonuses for Industry Awards
We know that the best hire is someone you enjoy working with and is a great culture fit for our fast-paced, entrepreneur-friendly, and creative environment. If you know someone who has previous experience in the hotel industry, DMC industry, and/or meeting planning industry, we want to meet them.
What’s in it for you? If a referral is hired full-time and stays at least 1 year with our team, you get $1,000 cold hard cash on their 1 year anniversary with Red Velvet Events. That simple!
Company Website: www.redvelvetevents.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)