*** PLEASE NOTE that we are focusing on interviewing candidates with weekday availability. If you are only available during weeknights/weekends, there will be a delay in processing your application. Thank you for your patience, and if you have any questions please email email@example.com. ***
We are always looking to add freelance contractors to our list to fulfill roles within our large-scale events. We fill all of our logistics/planning & creative needs with our internal full-time staff, however we will reach out to our contractors for onsite assistance. Our needs are sporadic and depend on our booked events, so please note that this is completely a side job with an average of 4-5 working opportunities per year (can vary greatly depending on our needs and your availability). At this time, we are only looking for candidates in Austin, TX.
As a freelance contractor for Red Velvet Events, you are essentially representing us and/or our Client when onsite, so the following attributes are crucial:
- Responsive & Communicative
- Able to problem solve with little to no direction
- Positive Attitude
Below are examples of the types of work opportunities we might offer.
- Welcome client’s guests to the city at Baggage Claim area with signage
- Direct client’s guests to reserved vehicle and address any questions/concerns
- Report flight delays, arrival status, and guest issues to Red Velvet Events
- Communicate with transportation provider if additional vehicles are (not) needed to compensate for flight delays
- Greet and check in attendees with a sense of urgency. Method of check-in varies per event (i.e. distributing name badges, referring to paper registration list, using online spreadsheet)
- Hand out necessary collateral per client’s request
- Collect and process credit card payments securely
- Modify registration details of guest if records are incorrect
- Answer general questions and/or provide event information
EVENT ONSITE ASSISTANCE
- Assist Lead Planner with general onsite production (i.e. ensure vendors are performing to their contract, greet guests at entrance, ensure timeline of event stays on track)
- This position is generally combined with Event Set up & Tear Down responsibilities (See description below)
EVENT SET UP & TEAR DOWN
- Assist Lead Planner with general set up/tear down for the event (i.e. registration table, centerpieces, linens, entertainment stations, chair/table placement)
- Hang banners and other event signage
- Please note that the position requires help with physical tasks – carrying boxes, moving tables, etc.
- Assist with other set up/tear down duties as needed
If you are interested, please submit your resume and tell us why you would ROCK as a Red Velvet Events Freelance Contractor. No phone calls please. We will respond to candidates who have qualified for the first round of interviews.
Red Velvet Events, Inc.
Red Velvet Events, a Global DMC Partner (RVE) is a full-service creative events agency calling Austin, Texas home since 2002. RVE helps corporations create international award-winning event experiences of all sizes. Our team's strength is in listening to our client's goals and translating that to an incredible interactive & creative event experience - fun for the planners and memorable for the attendees.
RVE TEAM MEMBER CRITERIA
When we are looking to expand our team, we are always looking for folks that are wired in many of the same ways we are. If you thrive on juggling a handful of deadlines each day and pride yourself on doing it with a smile on your face, you may be the next perfect team member for Red Velvet Events! Please keep in mind that extreme organization and client-facing skills are a must, but being very comfortable online and well versed in Microsoft Office (we practically live in Excel) is a requirement too. We strongly encourage all of our candidates to have prior hotel, DMC, and/or meeting planning industry experience before applying to join our team.
In addition to a great opportunity to work for one of the Best Places to Work (declared in 2013 by Austin Business Journal, 2015 by M&C Magazine and 2018 by Austin Business Journal), all full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Competitive health plan, with premiums for employee covered and premiums for family members subsidized by RVE
- Monthly HSA Contribution
- Complimentary financial/retirement planning assistance
- 401(k) Plan with Matching Contribution
- Paid Membership to Industry Associations and Monthly Meetings
- Monthly Cell Phone, Fuel and Laptop Stipends
- Annual Education Stipend
- Complimentary Access to On-Site Gym
- Unlimited coffee, tea, delicious snacks and beverages to enjoy
- Flexible Vacation Policy and Paid Holidays
- Bonuses for Industry Awards
We know that the best hire is someone you enjoy working with and is a great culture fit for our fast-paced, entrepreneur-friendly, and creative environment. If you know someone who has previous experience in the hotel industry, DMC industry, and/or meeting planning industry, we want to meet them.
What’s in it for you? If a referral is hired full-time and stays at least 1 year with our team, you get $1,000 cold hard cash on their 1 year anniversary with Red Velvet Events. That simple!
Company Website: www.redvelvetevents.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)