Being in Operations at Red Velvet Events as our Facilities Specialist is more than just providing operational support to our hardworking team. You will get to experience so much in a brief amount of time in various areas – not just facilities coordination, but also sales, marketing, accounting, IT, creative, event planning, etc. If you love the adrenaline of working in a fast-paced, agile and high-rewards work environment, then this is the place to be. Please read on for the key job responsibilities and requirements.
- Surface potential sublease candidates for unused/underutilized space and serve as building owners’ representative in marketing and showing the space to potential sublease candidates; serve as primary liaison and building owners’ representative with any sublease tenants, as needed.
- Serve as primary liaison with all building service providers/suppliers, including but not limited to IT/network/VOIP phone support, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, janitorial, recycling/trash hauling, landscapers, handymen, etc.
- Ensure service provider/supplier quality is up to building owners’ standards and recommend/establish new service provider/supplier relationships as needed to maintain a high level of quality.
- Conduct all office opening and closing procedures
- Ensure that common office and storage areas are maintained and remain orderly
- Maintain sufficient inventory of necessary office and kitchen supplies within established budgetary constraints
- Work with Operations team to ensure proper coverage of reception, package/mail receipt, tracking and disbursement, guest greeting/tracking in an appointment-only office setting.
- Work with Operations team on facilitating activities to bolster employee engagement.
- Serve as a “utility infielder” to assist members of the Professional Services, Sales, and Operations teams as needed with various ongoing or ad hoc projects – large and small, online and offline – related to RVE’s event productions
- Will work from RVE offices Monday through Friday from 8am to 6pm; will need to be available to work occasional early mornings, evenings and weekends to meet service providers for off-hours maintenance and/or repairs.
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in a facilities coordination and/or oversight role; experience in a commercial setting a strong plus.
- Technical Skills: must have extensive experience in MS Office Suite (especially Outlook and Excel), Google Drive, and DropBox; knowledge of Salesforce, Envoy, Harvest and Slack considered a plus
- Must be highly skilled in negotiation, conflict management, budget management, and relationship management
- Able to cope with and adapt to rapid change, and to navigate effectively through ambiguity
- Able to communicate effectively and in an authentic manner in all channels (e-mail, phone and in-person)
- Highly organized
- Ability to make decisions based on critical thinking, problem solving, process knowledge, research, surveys, and trend analysis
- Ability to work with limited supervision and in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Interested in working in a start-up type environment
If you made it this far & are still interested, please submit your application and tell us what makes you ROCK as a Facilities Specialist! No phone calls please. We will respond to candidates who have qualified for the first round of interviews.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to confirm or be interpreted as a comprehensive summary of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Red Velvet Events is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Red Velvet Events, Inc.
Red Velvet Events, a Global DMC Partner (RVE) is a full-service creative events agency calling Austin, Texas home since 2002. RVE helps corporations create international award-winning event experiences of all sizes. Our team's strength is in listening to our client's goals and translating that to an incredible interactive & creative event experience - fun for the planners and memorable for the attendees.
RVE TEAM MEMBER CRITERIA
When we are looking to expand our team, we are always looking for folks that are wired in many of the same ways we are. If you thrive on juggling a handful of deadlines each day and pride yourself on doing it with a smile on your face, you may be the next perfect team member for Red Velvet Events! Please keep in mind that extreme organization and client-facing skills are a must, but being very comfortable online and well versed in Microsoft Office (we practically live in Excel) is a requirement too. We strongly encourage all of our candidates to have prior hotel, DMC, and/or meeting planning industry experience before applying to join our team.
In addition to a great opportunity to work for one of the Best Places to Work (declared in 2013 by Austin Business Journal, 2015 by M&C Magazine and 2018 by Austin Business Journal), all full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Competitive health plan, with premiums for employee covered and premiums for family members subsidized by RVE
- Monthly HSA Contribution
- Complimentary financial/retirement planning assistance
- 401(k) Plan with Matching Contribution
- Paid Membership to Industry Associations and Monthly Meetings
- Monthly Cell Phone, Fuel and Laptop Stipends
- Annual Education Stipend
- Flexible Vacation Policy and Paid Holidays
- Bonuses for Industry Awards
We know that the best hire is someone you enjoy working with and is a great culture fit for our fast-paced, entrepreneur-friendly, and creative environment. If you know someone who has previous experience in the hotel industry, DMC industry, and/or meeting planning industry, we want to meet them.
What’s in it for you? If a referral is hired full-time and stays at least 1 year with our team, you get $1,000 cold hard cash on their 1 year anniversary with Red Velvet Events. That simple!
Company Website: www.redvelvetevents.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)