Job Overview: Being in sales at Red Velvet Events is more than just growing sales and achieving revenue targets. You are also responsible for setting expectations for how clients and event partners work with RVE. You will get to experience so much in a brief amount of time in various areas – not just sales and business development but also marketing, accounting, IT, creative, etc. If you love the adrenaline of working in a fast-paced, agile and high-rewards work environment, then this is the place to be. Please read on for the key job responsibilities and requirements.
- Drive new business development through outbound selling techniques, including relationship development, direct sales calls, networking, trade shows, etc.
- Meet or exceed established revenue and volume goals on a quarterly and annual basis
- Maintain active knowledge of market supply and demand, changing trends and competitor activities
- Attend occasional networking meetings, including but not limited to MPI, ILEA, NACE, HSMAI, ADMEI, SITE, and Austin DMC Roundtable (membership & meeting fees will be covered by RVE)
- Oversee and assist with custom proposal development
- Attend planning meetings with clients
- Assist with program development and design.
- Develop critical path and working budgets, tracking and reporting progress.
- Develop program theme and marketing or promotional initiatives.
- Provide time-saving venue site selection and money-saving negotiation services to both the RVE team and to clients (on as-needed basis)
- Position is based in Austin, Texas; however, occasional client sales calls and events will require travel outside of Texas and outside Greater Austin. Valid passport encouraged.
- Will work from the main office Monday through Friday unless meeting with clients
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Must have 5 years of experience in selling professional or other services, preferably within the events and/or hospitality industry; experience in the Destination Management Company (DMC) marketplace considered a strong plus
- Strong preference for candidates with established network of decision-maker contacts
- Must have proven track record for meeting or exceeding revenue and volume targets
- Motivated by high potential in bonus compensation for exceeding revenue generation and volume goals
- Must be highly skilled in negotiation, account management, forecasting, and relationship management
- Adept in effective service selling techniques, asking probing questions to identify core needs and provide custom solutions for each client
- Works well in a sales-driven culture
- Technical Skills: must have extensive experience in MS Office Suite (especially Excel), Google Drive, DropBox, and Salesforce; knowledge of Harvest and Adobe Illustrator considered a plus
- Comfortable with e-mail, phone and in-person communication
- Highly organized
- Ability to make decisions based on critical thinking, problem solving, process knowledge, research, surveys, and trend analysis
- Ability to work with little supervision and in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Interested in working in a start-up type environment
If you made it this far & are still interested, please submit your application and tell us what makes you ROCK as a Sales Development Manager! No phone calls please. We will respond to candidates who have qualified for the first round of interviews.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to confirm or be interpreted as a comprehensive summary of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Red Velvet Events is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Red Velvet Events, Inc.
Red Velvet Events, a Global DMC Partner (RVE) is a full-service creative events agency calling Austin, Texas home since 2002. RVE helps corporations create international award-winning event experiences of all sizes. Our team's strength is in listening to our client's goals and translating that to an incredible interactive & creative event experience - fun for the planners and memorable for the attendees.
RVE TEAM MEMBER CRITERIA
When we are looking to expand our team, we are always looking for folks that are wired in many of the same ways we are. If you thrive on juggling a handful of deadlines each day and pride yourself on doing it with a smile on your face, you may be the next perfect team member for Red Velvet Events! Please keep in mind that extreme organization and client-facing skills are a must, but being very comfortable online and well versed in Microsoft Office (we practically live in Excel) is a requirement too. We strongly encourage all of our candidates to have prior hotel, DMC, and/or meeting planning industry experience before applying to join our team.
- Competitive health plan, with premiums for employee covered and premiums for family members subsidized by RVE
- Monthly HSA Contribution
- Complimentary financial/retirement planning assistance
- 401(k) Plan with Matching Contribution
- Paid Membership to Industry Associations and Monthly Meetings
- Monthly Cell Phone, Fuel and Laptop Stipends
- Annual Education Stipend
- Complimentary Access to On-Site Gym
- Unlimited coffee, tea, delicious snacks and beverages to enjoy
- Flexible Vacation Policy and Paid Holidays
- Bonuses for Industry Awards
We know that the best hire is someone you enjoy working with and is a great culture fit for our fast-paced, entrepreneur-friendly, and creative environment. If you know someone who has previous experience in the hotel industry, DMC industry, and/or meeting planning industry, we want to meet them.
What’s in it for you? If a referral is hired full-time and stays at least 1 year with our team, you get $1,000 cold hard cash on their 1 year anniversary with Red Velvet Events. That simple!
Company Website: www.redvelvetevents.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)