*** PLEASE NOTE that at this time, we currently do not have an opening for the Transportation Coordinator position. We've hired for this position in the past and we are a quickly growing company, so if the opportunity is of interest to you we welcome you to apply. If and when the position becomes available in the future, you'll be on the top of our list to contact! If you have any questions, feel free to email email@example.com. ***
Being a Transportation Coordinator at Red Velvet Events is more than just managing transportation logistics and being organized. You are essentially an extension of our client’s team. You will get to experience so much in a brief amount of time in various areas (transportation management, marketing, accounting, IT, etc.). If you love the adrenaline of working in a fast-pace, agile and high-rewards work environment, then this is the place to be. Please read on for the key job responsibilities, job requirements and benefits.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Position is based in Austin, Texas.
- Technical Skills: definitely must know MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook. Would be an extra plus if he/she knows Shiftboard, Salesforce, Slack, Google Drive and Dropbox.
- Must be extremely comfortable with managing multiple worksheets in a workbook and filtering XLS files.
- MINIMUM 1-2 years of transportation management-related experience, but will consider someone that has been involved with the event/guest services industry but not directly in transportation management.
- Must be familiar with Austin, Texas (roads, directions, hotels, restaurants, street closures, construction, tours and activities, etc.).
- Lead & manage logistics for airport arrivals, ground transportation, dispatch, select tours & activities.
- Provide customized quotes & create budgets that support the company’s goals & objectives.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all event permitting needs and coordinate with city officials to obtain any & all permits required for events.
- Attend occasional networking meetings, including but not limited to ACGSA, MPI, ILEA, NACE, HSMAI, ADMEI and SITE (membership & meeting fees will be covered by RVE).
- Attend City of Austin meetings and stay educated in new permitting rules & regulations.
- Build and strengthen relationships with industry (transportation) suppliers, city permitting officials, RVE contractors and other strategic partners.
- Be comfortable with creative problem-solving new issues uncovered during a typical work day.
- Stay current on industry trends in destination management and transportation logistics.
- Dress appropriately for client meetings and on-site event management.
- Provide time-saving manifest groupings and open-mindedness with various transportation solutions.
- Provide efficient on-site event management for transportation requests.
- Comfortable and efficient with timely e-mail, phone and in-person communication.
- Comfortable typing and creating documents with minimal instructions.
- Ability to make decisions based on critical thinking, problem solving, process knowledge, research, surveys, and trend analysis.
- Comfortable working on a laptop.
- Will work from the main office Monday through Friday unless meeting with clients or working onsite for an event.
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends based on event needs/deadlines.
- Ability to work with little supervision and in a very fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Interested in working in a start-up type environment.
- Conduct all business matters fairly, honestly and ethically and with the utmost professionalism.
- Must have an upbeat “Can Do” positive attitude.
- Able to converse via phone and translate it to RVE’s processes.
- Maintain RVE business integrity by conducting all matters fairly, honestly and ethically and with the utmost professionalism.
If you made it this far & are still interested, please apply and tell us what makes you ROCK as a Transportation Coordinator. No phone calls please. We will respond to candidates who have qualified for the first round of interviews.
Red Velvet Events, Inc.
Red Velvet Events, a Global DMC Partner (RVE) is a full-service creative events agency calling Austin, Texas home since 2002. RVE helps corporations create international award-winning event experiences of all sizes. Our team's strength is in listening to our client's goals and translating that to an incredible interactive & creative event experience - fun for the planners and memorable for the attendees.
RVE TEAM MEMBER CRITERIA
When we are looking to expand our team, we are always looking for folks that are wired in many of the same ways we are. If you thrive on juggling a handful of deadlines each day and pride yourself on doing it with a smile on your face, you may be the next perfect team member for Red Velvet Events! Please keep in mind that extreme organization and client-facing skills are a must, but being very comfortable online and well versed in Microsoft Office (we practically live in Excel) is a requirement too. We strongly encourage all of our candidates to have prior hotel, DMC, and/or meeting planning industry experience before applying to join our team.
In addition to a great opportunity to work for one of the Best Places to Work (declared in 2013 by Austin Business Journal, 2015 by M&C Magazine and 2018 by Austin Business Journal), all full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Competitive health plan, with premiums for employee covered and premiums for family members subsidized by RVE
- Monthly HSA Contribution
- Complimentary financial/retirement planning assistance
- 401(k) Plan with Matching Contribution
- Paid Membership to Industry Associations and Monthly Meetings
- Monthly Cell Phone, Fuel and Laptop Stipends
- Annual Education Stipend
- Flexible Vacation Policy and Paid Holidays
- Bonuses for Industry Awards
We know that the best hire is someone you enjoy working with and is a great culture fit for our fast-paced, entrepreneur-friendly, and creative environment. If you know someone who has previous experience in the hotel industry, DMC industry, and/or meeting planning industry, we want to meet them.
What’s in it for you? If a referral is hired full-time and stays at least 1 year with our team, you get $1,000 cold hard cash on their 1 year anniversary with Red Velvet Events. That simple!
Company Website: www.redvelvetevents.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)