Being a Program Manager at Red Velvet Events is more than just managing logistics and being organized. You are essentially an extension of our client’s team. You will get to experience so much in a brief amount of time in various areas - not just event/meeting planning but also marketing, accounting, IT, creative, etc. If you love the adrenaline of working in a fast-paced, agile and high-rewards work environment, and are the type that loves dealing with logistics, problem solving and planning events 24/7 (even in your sleep), then this is the job for you. Please read on!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Position is based in Austin, Texas; client events will require some travel outside Greater Austin and outside of Texas.
- Will work from RVE offices Monday through Friday unless meeting with clients or working onsite at a program
- Manage all aspects of the event planning process for client programs, including but not limited to program development and design, budget management, registration, venue/vendor sourcing, initiating and finalizing contracts, onsite management.
- Meet or exceed program profitability goals on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Attend networking meetings as needed, including but not limited to MPI, ILEA, NACE, HSMAI, and ADMEI (membership & meeting fees will be covered by RVE).
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with RVE’s internal Sales team, our industry suppliers and other strategic partners to achieve successful outcomes.
- Stay current on industry trends in destination management and event design and production.
- MINIMUM 5 years event planning, meeting management or DMC experience for corporate clients.
- CMP and/or DMCP certification a strong plus.
- Technical Skills: Must have extensive experience with MS Office Suite (including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook – and especially Excel). Knowledge of Google Drive, Dropbox, Salesforce, Harvest, and/or Slack a plus.
- Handle conflict and challenges effectively while staying focused on desired outcome.
- Comfortable with e-mail, phone and in-person communication.
- Comfortable creating documents with minimal instruction.
- Organized with excellent time management, prioritization and communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated, solution-oriented, collaborative, proactive and decisive.
- Excellent strategic marketing plan skills, including brand development, positioning, and pricing.
- Adept in effective service selling techniques, asking probing questions to identify core needs and provide custom solutions for each client.
- Comfortable working on a laptop.
- Available to work evenings and weekends based on program needs.
- Ability to work with little supervision and in a fast-paced environment.
- Interested in working in a start-up type environment.
- Conduct all business matters fairly, honestly and ethically and with the utmost professionalism.
- Frequently required to lift and transport boxes or other items weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Occasionally required to stand and/or remain in a stationary position for 6-8 hours at a time.
- Occasionally required to perform work in outdoor weather conditions.
If you made it this far & are still interested, please submit your application and tell us what makes you ROCK as a Program Manager! No phone calls please. We will respond to candidates who have qualified for the first round of interviews.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to confirm or be interpreted as a comprehensive summary of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Red Velvet Events is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Red Velvet Events, Inc.
Red Velvet Events, a Global DMC Partner (RVE) is a full-service creative events agency calling Austin, Texas home since 2002. RVE helps corporations create international award-winning event experiences of all sizes. Our team's strength is in listening to our client's goals and translating that to an incredible interactive & creative event experience - fun for the planners and memorable for the attendees.
RVE TEAM MEMBER CRITERIA
When we are looking to expand our team, we are always looking for folks that are wired in many of the same ways we are. If you thrive on juggling a handful of deadlines each day and pride yourself on doing it with a smile on your face, you may be the next perfect team member for Red Velvet Events! Please keep in mind that extreme organization and client-facing skills are a must, but being very comfortable online and well versed in Microsoft Office (we practically live in Excel) is a requirement too. We strongly encourage all of our candidates to have prior hotel, DMC, and/or meeting planning industry experience before applying to join our team.
In addition to a great opportunity to work for one of the Best Places to Work (declared in 2013 by Austin Business Journal, 2015 by M&C Magazine and 2018 by Austin Business Journal), all full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Competitive health plan, with premiums for employee covered and premiums for family members subsidized by RVE
- Monthly HSA Contribution
- Complimentary financial/retirement planning assistance
- 401(k) Plan with Matching Contribution
- Paid Membership to Industry Associations and Monthly Meetings
- Monthly Cell Phone, Fuel and Laptop Stipends
- Annual Education Stipend
- Complimentary Access to On-Site Gym
- Unlimited coffee, tea, delicious snacks and beverages to enjoy
- Flexible Vacation Policy and Paid Holidays
- Bonuses for Industry Awards
We know that the best hire is someone you enjoy working with and is a great culture fit for our fast-paced, entrepreneur-friendly, and creative environment. If you know someone who has previous experience in the hotel industry, DMC industry, and/or meeting planning industry, we want to meet them.
What’s in it for you? If a referral is hired full-time and stays at least 1 year with our team, you get $1,000 cold hard cash on their 1 year anniversary with Red Velvet Events. That simple!
Company Website: www.redvelvetevents.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)